They're huge, and they block Muni stops, and they crowd into narrow streets. And now there's another reason the city needs to get into the businesses of regulating private corporate shuttles:
The buses can get stuck on the hills.
Uptown Almanac has a great item, with excellent photos and a video, of a Google shuttle getting caught in Noe Valley, beached like a whale at 23rd and Chattanooga. A pickup truck tries in vain to haul the monster away.
Folks: The streets of SF's neighborhoods weren't designed for 50-foot luxury coaches. Someone's got to write some rules about where these private shuttles can go -- and where they can't.
Most Commented On
- Johnny a breath of fresh air after Tim, etc. - May 25, 2013
- Actually, deciding who gets - May 25, 2013
- Convict Bradley Manning - all counts. - May 25, 2013
- "Republicans are assholes" - May 25, 2013
- The reactionary nutbags... where do they get this "stand down" - May 25, 2013
- Demented and confused, you are such an ignorant sot that - May 25, 2013
- Bigger shmigger, I'll give - May 25, 2013
- "Even Nixon was a big liberal - May 25, 2013
- That'll be the only valid point he makes for a while, so he - May 25, 2013
- you're making all this - May 25, 2013