A fire broke out on Christmas night at the home of Christina Olague, a former San Francisco supervisor, and fatally injured her housemate and longtime friend, Randy David Sapp.
Now, Olague's friends and supporters are holding an online fundraiser (www.wepay.com/donations/christina-olague) to help her get back on her feet in the wake of the tragic event. A benefit has also been planned for Jan. 12 at El Rio, 3158 Mission Street.
Olague told us she has been staying with friends since the fire, and doesn't know where she will wind up living in the long run. She said she'd wanted to be respectful of her housemates' privacy before making any public statements about what happened, and didn't reach out to many people initially because she was in a state of shock.
Most Commented On
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014
- Muni has an abysmal farebox recovery rate as it is - April 16, 2014
- "Planetary climate emergency!!!" - April 16, 2014
- Yeah, glad they made Muni - April 16, 2014
- There was a long discussion here a couple of weeks ago - April 16, 2014
- 100% Clean & Renewable By 2050 Is The New Climate Goal - April 16, 2014
- At minimum, the major arterial routes into downtown could be - April 16, 2014
- This is not what California - April 16, 2014